ADVISORY AND TAXATION
Head: Advisory & Tax
BCom (hons), CA (SA) and Registered Auditor
- Internal Auditing
- Forensic Auditing
- Risk Management and Compliance
- B-BBEE Certification (SANAS Partner)
The Internal Audit Profession has evolved significantly over the past decade in an attempt to remain relevant while maintaining its role as an essential business service. As an established catalyst vital for managing an organisations governance and risk management, Internal Auditing has garnered an increased presence at executive board, and operational levels within both private and public organisations.
The exponential growth in this discipline ensures that businesses are given the necessary tools to run their businesses in an objective manner, while sustaining their unique objectives. The Internal Auditing of KnM Conducts internal audits in diverse environments, within organisations that vary in purpose, size, complexity, and structure.
KnM can supplement organisations existing internal audit capabilities, by providing specialised skill sets and undertaking once-off audit assignments as needed.
In the event that an organisation does not have an in-house Internal Auditing function, KnM will provide advice on critical business risks, the implementation of effective controls and compliance processes, identifying better practices, reducing the cost of operations and realising improvement opportunities all
A review of an organisations objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting, and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
A Systematic review of effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operations. KnMs operational audit is future-oriented and systematic, guaranteeing and independent evaluation of the organisational activities.
KnM will provide an independent examination of a program, function, operation or the management systems and procedures of any organisation to assess whether the entity is achieving economic efficiency and effectiveness in the employment of available resources.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Understanding the risk environment
- Alignment with risk to strategy
- Facilitating risk assessments
- Evaluation of mitigating strategies
- Implementation and tracking of mitigating actions
- Corporate tax services
- Human resource tax services
- Value-Added-Tax (VAT) Services
- High-Net-Worth Individuals Services
Forensic Audit and Investigations
The types of forensic audits, investigations and other related services we are involved in include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complex financial accounting fraud
- Procurement fraud
- Recruitment irregularities
- Misappropriation of funds
- Contractual disputes
- Inspections in terms of the Companies Act
- Curatorship in terms of the Financial Services Board Act
- Investigations on behalf of law enforcement bodies